Thursday, March 17, 2011

Week 3- Lighting in Maya

The following tutorial provides that to light a scene, an experiment with generic objects is necessary.

http://www.halbstein.com/tutorials/lights/lightPages/lightOne.htm

This is the render frame before adding any lighting. I put white lambert shaders on them to keep track of any strange color occurrences.


















To view more than one window at a time and create a better work flow, one can find a specific group of windows under Panels in the workspace window, Saved Layouts. Lights in Maya are under the Create, and Lights menus, which I discovered from the Maya Documentation. By pressing any of the following keys: qwert, we can access the movement tools in Maya.


















I used a spotlight as in the tutorial. I also pressed 3, 5, and 7 as the tutorial directed to create the highest resolution. It will also shade the objects to their maximum potential, including the spotlight and shadow in the frame.

There is a lot more to this tutorial, which I wasn't aware of, so I will continue the learning process on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment